Friday, October 22, 2010

The Lazy Crafter's Halloween Decor


Maybe lazy isn't the right word....more like too busy with the kids, family birthdays, making costumes & filling my Etsy orders to squeeze in some DIY Halloween decor before the holiday is over.  So I made this little item using stuff I had sitting around the house to make it fast & free.

First I reused the glass terrarium I used for Easter decor earlier this year:


I tossed in some decorative marbles and whipped out some cardstock, my Cricut & SCAL software.


I got all the cute Halloween design files over at SVGCuts.com's blog which you can find HERE.  I don't get paid for giving them a shout out, I just love that they offer tons of awesome files for FREE.  Seriously, they are super cute and if you have SCAL you can make them as big or small as you want.  The glare from the glass isn't doing them any favors, but they look really nice in-person:



I taped the bat cutout to a lollipop stick so it would look like it's flying:


I just stuck them in the marbles in various spots so they would have depth:


If you don't have SCAL or a Cricut, you can always cut out your own little shapes.  No matter which option, it's easy, cute and $0.  Added bonus - everything being contained means my into everything one year old cannot reach it or pull everything out.  Ahhhhh, the happy sigh of a normally frazzled mom.

Sharing this with my FAVE LINK PARTIES too so check them out HERE!


10 comments:

  1. omg, i'm jealous. It would take me forever to think that up. Stopping by from Boost my blog friday :) check out my blog @ www.missysalsa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. cheryl, this is a great idea and SO simple. it's one of those now-why-didn't-I-think-of-that ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am diggin' this idea!! Love it! "Quick and easy" not lazy! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite part is the bat. Very cute! Thanks for linking up to Suzy's Artsy Craftsy Commercial Break!

    suzy

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun idea! I'll be featuring this on my blog on Saturday!

    http://sumossweetstuff.blogspot.com

    Thanks for linking up!

    Sumo :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun!

    This week is my blog anniversary and I'm hosting a week's worth of great giveaways. Feel free to stop by if you'd like!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooooo good idea! I just baught an apothacary jar from Michaels {with a coupon lol} and will have to try this out! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is great!!! Free and Fabulous!!

    Thank you so much for taking the time to link up to my Gifts from the Heart Party this month. I hope you will be back next month on the 20th.

    ReplyDelete

Getting your comments brightens my day. I'd love if you left one:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails