Friday, June 4, 2010

Easy Make-Easy Clean Bib


I'm loving all the great ideas some of you have been commenting (the wipeable dining room chairs & makeup bags are genius!!)  and it's so great to hear a lot of you are now going to give laminated cotton a try!   Here's an easy project using laminated cotton that's really practical too:

The Wipeable Bib


Just trace a favorite bib, cut out, sew on some velcro to the neck parts and encase all the raw edges in double fold bias tape to make an easy clean bib. Just wipe and it's ready to reuse and way more stylish (and softer) than a lot of the store bought bibs.


I made this one to match my laminated highchair cover.  I also added a little crumb guard to this one by cutting a 3 inch strip to fit the bottom and adding the bias tape to the top edge of it first and then put it on the bib and sewed the tape on the outer edges.


You could also make tablecloths & placements the same way, so it's not just for baby stuff (I just happen to be addicted need to make baby stuff);)

Ok, so now that you've seen what you can do with laminated cotton, what do you think you want to try to make yourself?  Do you still have any questions about it?  Give me a shout in the comments & help inspire others with your thoughts too!

And stay tuned to CraftShare because next week we'll have additional projects, new products to check out and a giveaway so you can win yourself some cool things to try new ideas on!



Sharing this with my fave link parties too so check them out here!

9 comments:

  1. Found you again at New Friend Friday! Awesome bib! I could use some of these for all of my daycare kids! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to make some placemats for my kitchen. I need the wipeable kind, but I can never find any cute ones in stores. Now I would just have to find the right fabric...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you're encouraging others to try new things...like laminated fabrics. I have seen some of your tutorials around and happy to be visiting thru New Friend Friday. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi- I'm stopping by from OhDeeDoh! I love all your vinyl cotton creations! Thank you so much for sharing : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hii! I am your newest follower!!! I would love a follow back! http://stashmama.blogspot.com/ Thanks :) Happy Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your stuff! Thank you so much for sharing your projects with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute, cute, cute! I know like, 10 people that are about to have babies and would love those bibs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do you laminate your own fabric? If not, where do you find a variety of available prints?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jennifer - I purchase my laminated cotton. One of my sponsors, Timeless Treasures makes some really cute prints. Just Laminates, another sponsor, is a great shop where you can buy a wide variety of laminated fabric (and at a great price).

    ReplyDelete

Getting your comments brightens my day. I'd love if you left one:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails