Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Make Chocolate Play Dough


This yummy looking box of chocolates isn't what you'd expect: it's Chocolate Play Dough! This is something I found that is just as fun to make as it is to use. We made it last Valentine's & have done again this year.  Our homeschool topic this week is everything Valentine's Day, so thanks to some great online sites and the local library we've got fun projects like this, tasty treats to make, learning about the symbols of Valentine's Day and of course lots of cards to create. So much fun!!

CHOCOLATE PLAY DOUGH
2 cups of water
1/2 cup salt
2T vegetable oil
2T cream of tartar
1/3 cup cocoa
3 cups flour

Bring water & salt to a boil. Stir in remaining ingredients. Allow to cool slightly. Knead until smooth. Easy to make using stuff already in the house and it keeps for 4wks in an airtight container.  It even smells yummy!  And, thanks to my very candid sister, my "swirl" candy design also looks like poo, so this also scores points for lovers of bathroom humor.

Sharing with these great parties:
Today's Creative - Get Your Craft On
Childmade
Somewhat Simple's SYS Valentines
The Girl Creative's Just Something I Whipped Up 
My Frugal Family's Talented Tuesday  
The Thrifty Home's Penny Pinching Wednesday
Blue Cricket Design's Show & Tell
Fireflies & Jellybeans SYS
Life As Lori's Get Your Craft On 

7 comments:

  1. I love making play dough! Your chocolates are super cute (and yummy) looking!
    -Mags

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun!!!

    Thanks for joining me for another great party at "Get Your Craft on Thurs." Please join me next week for another wonderful party..

    Please stop by for a big annoucement Tuesday, the 16th. I'm so excited I'm about to bust...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks just like chocolate....but I'm afraid my kids would be too tempted to eat it (not that it would hurt them, but...).
    teri

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going to have to make this for my kids. I am now following your blog. Happy Friday Follow

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great project!

    Thank you so much for stopping by the Talented Tuesday at My Frugal Family link party, and adding this to the page! Don’t forget to stop back tomorrow to see which links from last week are featured, and to add your new links!

    ReplyDelete

Getting your comments brightens my day. I'd love if you left one:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails