Monday, January 25, 2010

I Heart Fun For Free


With Valentine's day coming I'm in the mood for holiday themed stuff, but buying a bunch of things isn't in my budget.  This was a cheap and easy way to get in the spirit & give my little lovey some new play things.  I just used some scrap fabric that had texture (minky, corduroy & velour) and leftover ribbon I had from the $1 section at Target, so the $0 cost was very budget-friendly  I cut out some heart shapes, added a ribbon loop, stuffed them & then ladder stitched the opening closed.  To add a little interest for baby, I put a bell in each of the pink hearts & some crinkly cellophane in the corduroy one.


She loves grabbing at dangling toys right now & to make them even more versatile, I added some snaps to a piece of twill tape so they could be attached to just about everything: her play mats, saucer toy & stroller just to name a few.

 

Fun, practical and free.  Big win all around!

Linking up to these great parties:
Just Something I Whipped Up Mondays
Making The World Cuter
Market Yourself Monday
Skip To My Lou's Made By You
Somewhat Simple Valentine's SYS 
Today's Creative Get Your Craft On 
Thrifty Home's Penny Pinching Party 
Blue Cricket Design's Show & Tell 
Fireflies & Jellybeans SOYS
Treasures For Tots Thursday's Treasures
Somewhat Simple's SYS 
Poppies At Play's Creative Cats

8 comments:

  1. That is such a wonderful idea. My sister just had a baby and I was wondering what to make her for Valentine's Day. This is perfect. Thanks so much for the idea. My goal of 2010 is to make all my gifts homemade. I will give you full credit if I make these and post about them!

    So cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a cute idea! :) I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute!! I just love baby projects. You did great job!

    Mags

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea and a good way to use up scraps, plus so much nicer than anything at the store.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those cute little softies!! Adorable...and safe for little hands! Thanks for linking!

    Andy
    Poppies at Play

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing your awesome project at Thursday’s Treasures last week! Come share your crafty projects in this week’s Thursday’s Treasures too!
    http://treasuresfortots.blogspot.com/2010/02/thursdays-treasures-week-8.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the springboard of the idea---check out my version---

    http://mncrafts.blogspot.com/2010/03/heart-felt-baby-toy.html

    ReplyDelete

Getting your comments brightens my day. I'd love if you left one:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails